Organizational membership provides these benefits:
Influence the technical and policy environment of the future by voting on standards
The ability to vote on HL7 standards is one of the most important benefits of membership. Voting on HL7 standards is the best way to influence the use and implementation of standards at the federal level. Benefits include:
- Multiple voting members so you can involve more of your team in shaping standards – additional voting memberships may be purchased for $775 each
- Ability to transfer voting rights between individuals within your organization
Show the industry that you are a leader who is helping to make interoperability a reality
Let the industry know that you are a leader who is helping to make interoperability a reality. Aligning your organization with HL7 gives your partners and customers the confidence that your products and services are being developed using the world's most-widely adopted healthcare standards.
- One (1) opportunity to promote implementation case study
- All voting members have the ability to run for leadership positions
- Recognition of your organization in HL7 newsletters
- Profile listing in HL7's Global Membership Directory
Manage your implementation costs and speed time to market
- Access to HL7's Global Membership Directory
- One free job posting to HL7's job board each year (one month duration)
Access relevant industry information to help make more informed business decisions
HL7 membership offers exclusive access to thought leaders and market intelligence that can help give your organization a competitive advantage in the industry and support effective strategic decision-making.
- Quarterly newsletter featuring articles from HL7 peers around the globe
- Free members-only HL7 webinars conducted in association with other industry partners
Learn best practices from industry leaders
The ability to network at HL7 meetings provides you with valuable opportunities to collaborate with and learn from industry leaders and international thought leaders.
Reduce your training budget
- Free Member Advantage webinars
- 20%+ discount on in-person events, including all working group meetings, the annual plenary session, policy events, and the HL7 FHIR Institute and Meaningful Use Standards Implementation Workshops
- 20%+ discount on HL7 webinars, including online offerings of the HL7 FHIR Institute and archived webinars in the Education Portal
- Significant discount on virtual classroom training so your staff can learn from their desks standards like HL7 Version 2, HL7 Version 3, Clinical Document Architecture, and HL7 FHIR
Access to HL7 FHIR and other HL7 standards
- The right to distribute HL7's standards on an internal basis solely for use within your organization
- Authorization to use excerpts from HL7 Standards in your implementation guides and the right to distribute to your customers
You can upgrade your Organizational membership to a Gold or Benefactor Membership at any time. Dues for the current year will be prorated and applied to the new membership. To upgrade your membership, please contact MemberInfo@HL7.org.
The price for an Organizational Membership depends on which category your organization falls into, and also on its revenue or expenditures. View the tables to determine pricing for your organization.
Additional voting memberships are available for $775 per year.
Please note: all HL7 memberships are non-refundable.